Monday, December 30, 2013

Polka Dots + Feathers

It's hard to believe 2013 is almost over.  What a whirlwind of a year!  I'm excited for what 2014 has to offer.  My biggest goal would probably be to build up the audience of this blog.  This is my first time blogging and it's been a lot of fun so far (all 3 posts of it, haha).  My other main goal is to become more of a morning person.  Many of you know that I am a night owl and it is hard for me to get up in the mornings.  I hope to change that in 2014.  Have any of you come up with goals or resolutions for 2014 yet?

I dubbed the look below my birthday outfit.  I wore it for a couple birthday outings this past month.  It was by chance that I paired the skirt and sweater together when I was trying them on at the store, and surprise ~ I liked the combo even though I'm not sure I would have put them together otherwise.




Of course I had to throw in a silly pic. :)  Normally I would be wearing my highest heels, but unfortunately an injury is preventing me from wearing heels for another 3 months.  I'm short, so I almost always wear heels and owned hardly any flats ~ thank goodness for cheap flats at Target!  I had to stock up when I found out I couldn't wear heels for 6 months.  I also had to get over my issues of feeling even shorter all the time and have come to appreciate flats, and perhaps will add them into the rotation more once I'm fully recovered.

I am still trying to decide what I will wear for New Year's Eve tomorrow night.  I'm sure it will include lots of sequins and sparkles though!  Follow me on Instagram ~ I will post photos from New Year's Eve there!

What I'm Wearing
Sweater ~ Ann Taylor (no longer available online), similar option 1similar option 2
Skirt ~ Ann Taylor
Shoes ~ WHBM (on sale now!)
Clutch ~ The Limited (old), love this option, and this one!
Earrings ~ Henri Bendel (budget friendly option here and here)
Necklace ~ The Limited (sold out online), similar style


No comments:

Post a Comment