Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Nursery

I'm so excited to finally share some nursery pictures (and to pretty much be done with setting it up!).  I did gray, yellow, and pink as my colors with an elephant and polka dot theme.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

This was my inspiration photo.  I loved the bold stripes and how dramatic the overall look was.  The final result is quite a bit different (we decided against doing stripes unfortunately) but you can see some elements from the inspiration photo in our nursery.

{Inspiration photo via Pinterest}

And here is our nursery!






As soon as we decide on her name, I'm going to get a white wooden letter of her first initial to put in between the elephant pictures below.  On top of the changing pad is a super cute diaper cake that my awesome coworker and friend Christen made for me.  She is super talented.  She also made these amazing sugar cookies for my work shower.  I will share those pics in another post.


At some point I'm going to have to take the cake apart, but it's too cute and I'm putting it off.  So it's just hanging out on the changing pad for now.





Since I kinda took over the closet in the baby's room, we decided to get the small wardrobe for extra storage. :)  It will be something that she can use as she gets older too.





We found the exact same light fixture in the inspiration photo at Ikea, but Marty didn't think it would provide enough light for the room.  We found this similar one at Home Depot and it provides a lot more light.  Bonus: it was half the price too!




Past Pregnancy Posts:
Weeks 34 - 38
Weeks 31 - 33
Weeks 29 and 30


Follow Me on Bloglovin'! ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Erika, your nursery is absolutely darling!! I love the color scheme and the elephant theme is adorable! You (and your hubby) did an amazing job! Congrats again, so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go decorate! I like yours even better than the Pinterest photo!

    Zhenya
    http://beingzhenya.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! The color scheme is so perfect. You did a fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete